Job Title: Meeting Manager
Reports to: Director, Meetings and Events
Location: Homebased, USA
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt
This position provides senior level program and meeting management support for in-person, virtual, and hybrid medical education meetings including, but not limited to logistics, vendor coordination, budget management and reporting and travel administration
Job Responsibilities include the following, other duties and responsibilities may be assigned:
- Manage sourcing of hotels, restaurants and unique venues for program and company event needs. Review contracts for consistent date, location, and spacing needs prior to final authorization. Manage and maintain housing blocks for program and company events, including coordination with staff and hotel contacts regarding reservation changes, confirmation distribution and payment processing. Work within the company's preferred travel platform to manage travel inquires/approvals and invoice reconciliations.
- Provide vendor management oversight for virtual and in-person meeting needs, including status calls, scheduling, program material monitoring, promotional material requests and weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting. Monitor vendor deliverables in Company workflow system to ensure receipt of and compliance with program requirements. Support and distribute mailbox registration inquiries to vendors and monitor responses.
- Maintain accurate and detailed notes and files for reporting/status purposes
- Coordinate with program management in collecting, collating, inputting, and reporting specific data for outcomes reporting
- Support faculty management efforts for virtual and in-person meetings, including faculty invitations, slide review scheduling, paperwork processing, and payment communication
- Manage the logistics and execution of a variety of in-person and virtual medical education programs both domestically and international, including pre/post planning activities, budget management, faculty scheduling, site research, travel reservations, catering, audio visual, on-site management, and post-program compliance tasks. Provide meeting management and execution on-site support for virtual and in-person meetings, conference coverage and satellite symposia, as needed.
- BS/BA required within a relevant field; CMP designation preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the meeting planning industry, including delivery of in-person, virtual, and hybrid meetings.
- Minimum 2 or more years of experience in a management role in medical education or medical meetings preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of and skill in managing “program life cycles”
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated, proactive; a problem solver
- Customer focused - Internal and External
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly organized, with good time management skills
- Successful performance in a cross-functional team environment with natural affinity for working collaboratively across teams, cultures, and experience levels.
- Persuasive verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with precision and effectiveness to drive execution and foster innovation across levels and functions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in hotel contract negotiations.
- Creative, problem-solving skills and a resourceful, can-do attitude are essential. Flexibility is required.
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong multi-tasking skills.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the Learner Experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn new technology platforms.
- Ability to travel domestically as required as public health conditions permit; up to 25%
- Ability to work non-traditional hours such as early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
- Position is remote, proven ability to work from home is a plus.
Clinical Education Alliance and its subsidiaries provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor.