Director, Educational Strategy
Job Title: Director, Educational Strategy
Reports to: General Manager, Oncology/Hematology
Location: Homebased, USA
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt
Job Summary: The Director, Educational Strategy is responsible for the development of innovative grant proposals for continuing education (CME/CE) and independent medical education (IME) programs and to maintain supporter relationships to help meet Business Unit goals and objectives. This position will also collaborate in the development of educational strategy for the Business Unit, relying on needs assessments and gap analyses to inform areas of greatest educational need, with a mission to improve healthcare professional knowledge, competence, confidence, and performance.
- Lead grant development and funding for programs
- Achievement of annual grant support goals and objectives
- Achieve or surpass industry-standard win rate for all grants submitted
- Knowledge of ongoing research and development and pipeline for potential supporters of education
- Integration of knowledge of ongoing research and development, supporter funding interests, current patient management, and best patient management practice in order to develop a refined funding opportunity through grant conception and development
- Align ideal educational format, including online and live programs, to the educational need and gap, to achieve optimal outcomes assessment
- Build and maintain supporter relationships through continual communication, reporting of program status, providing outcomes results
- Identification and management of business development relationships and alliances with specialty organizations such as colleges, academies and societies, as well as consumer and advocacy groups within the specialty areas
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with and manage healthcare professional advisors in partnership with scientific services department
- Fostering a culture of teamwork, innovation, and commitment to our mission
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- Travel: Travel to the corporate headquarters in Reston, Virginia, commercial supporters, medical conferences both in the US and internationally within the designated specialties as well as CME/CE and other medical education conferences and meetings is required in order to accomplish the goals of this position
- Location: Home-based office is acceptable; however, a location convenient to a major airport is ideal.
- Experience Desired: Minimum of five (5) years clinical practice in oncology/hematology, directly involved in patient care or commiserate pharmaceutical industry experience. In addition, 3-5 years of developing grants and/or experience writing, developing, and editing medical education activities.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, NP/APN, MBA) preferred
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to function independently with effective time management, organization, and project management skills; attention to detail; ability to manage diverse tasks to deliver work on time, within budget, and at a high level of quality
- Working knowledge of the ACCME, ACPE, ANCC, and other regulatory agencies’ guidelines and policies in relation to commercially supported educational activities
- Exemplary skill in working effectively on interdisciplinary teams and in decentralized work and communication environments
- Effective decision making, initiative and judgment; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and a resourceful, “can-do” attitude
Clinical Education Alliance and its subsidiaries provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor.