Title: Clinical Editor
Reports to: Senior Scientific Director or his/her Designee
Job Status: Full time, exempt (work from home)
Summary: Support the Scientific Directors with the development of medical education activities and grant proposals across all CCO specialty areas.
- Support the Scientific Directors in the development of new medical education activities for live, on-line and print-based programs across multiple therapeutic areas. Duties include creating new content, editing content submitted by faculty members or writers, researching references, fact-checking text and/or PowerPoint slide sets, and preparing content for online and print production, as needed.
- Participate remotely in key medical conferences in the US and internationally and contributing to the editing and/or writing of conference coverage programs, including text- and PowerPoint-based deliverables.
- Manage a workload consisting of multiple projects and ensure on-time completion of all deliverables.
- Perform other editorial duties as assigned by the Scientific Director or Director of Scientific Services.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, oral and written.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- An ability to manage a demanding workload and multitask effectively between several ongoing projects
- High energy level; ability to work under tight deadlines and manage diverse tasks with a sense of urgency and commitment to quality.
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and demonstrate effective teamwork.
- Excellent judgment and strong analytical and problem-solving skills. A resourceful, “can-do” attitude is essential.
- Flexibility is required.
- At least 2 years’ experience writing on scientific and/or medical-related topics in general or an advanced science or medical degree.
- Demonstration of excellent writing skills and attention to detail.
- Competence in using Microsoft Office applications (including PowerPoint) and Internet-based medical reference resources.
- A background in the field of Hematology/Oncology, Virology, Infectious Diseases, or other therapeutic areas as designated by the Company.
CCO provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor. For more information on the company and its programs, visit clinicaloptions.com.