Associate Scientific Director, Oncology
Job Title: Associate Scientific Director, Oncology
Reports to: Director, Scientific Services
Location: Homebased, USA
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for developing and managing content for continuing medical education (CME/CE) and independent medical education (IME) programs that include live, online, and print-based formats focused on all aspects of oncology/hematology.
- Develop content for medical education activities for live, online, and print-based programs focused on hematology/oncology; create new content and/or edit content submitted by freelancers or faculty members; identify and work collaboratively with expert faculty members and writers; assign projects to freelance contributors and supporting staff; prepare/finalize content for publication or presentation
- Attend and/or participate remotely in key medical conferences; contribute to the editing and/or writing of conference coverage programs, including text- and PowerPoint-based activities
- Manage a workload consisting of multiple projects with one or more content components; ensure on-time completion of all deliverables
- Collaborate with other employees to gain competence in a full range of responsibilities, for example, provide editorial support for CME activities managed by Scientific Directors
- Support the development of business opportunities using CME/CE experience and relevant scientific/clinical knowledge to assist with development of gap analyses/needs assessments, learning objectives, program agendas
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple projects that may be complex and require collaboration with different departments within the company
- Developing clinically relevant CME-specific content that is applicable to healthcare providers across multiple roles (eg, specialty physicians, pharmacists, advance practice providers, nurses, and pathologists)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and familiarity with online medical reference resources
- Ability to function independently with effective time management, organization, and project management skills; attention to detail; ability to manage diverse tasks to deliver projects on time, within budget, and at a high level of quality
- Ability to work productively from home and collaboratively in teams both within the company and externally (eg, faculty, freelancers, and educational partners)
- Effective decision making, initiative and judgment; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and a resourceful, “can-do” attitude
- 2-3 years’ experience as a medical writer/editor or equivalent, responsible for developing educational materials intended for professional medical audiences. Experience in hematology/oncology is strongly preferred but is not required.
- BA/BS degree is required (Biological Sciences, English, or Communications preferred). Advanced degree (NP/APN, MD, PhD, PharmD, MS) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of recent advances in clinical medicine and therapeutics in hematology/oncology. Direct clinical nursing experience in hematology/oncology is a plus
- Experience identifying and working with faculty members/key opinion leaders on educational materials intended for professional medical audiences
- Experience in developing CME/CE-certified programs is preferred
- Working knowledge of AMA style requirements
- Clinical or research experience in hematology/oncology will be considered in lieu of CME/CE experience
- Able sit for prolonged periods of time
- Up to 20% of the time
- Domestic and International travel.
How to apply:
- Please send a cover letter, resume, and 2 relevant writing samples to email@example.com. Please only provide samples written for a professional medical audience and indicate your role in producing the piece and note in the Subject line the specific position you are applying for (“CCO ONC Associate Scientific Director”). Candidates with appropriate experience will be contacted for an interview and further evaluation.
Clinical Education Alliance and its subsidiaries provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor.