Associate Scientific Director
Job Title: Associate Scientific Director
Reports to: Director, Scientific Services
Location: Homebased, USA
Job Status: Full-time, Exempt
Job Summary: Responsible for developing and managing content for continuing medical education (CME) activities for live, online, and print-based programs across multiple therapeutic areas.
- Manages a workload consisting of multiple projects with one or more content components, ensuring on-time
- Assists Scientific Director in creating new content and/or editing content submitted by freelancers or faculty members
- Identifies and works collaboratively with expert faculty members and writers
- Assigns projects to freelance contributors and supporting staff
- Prepares and finalizes content for publication or presentation
- Attends and/or participates remotely in key medical conferences primarily in the United States, contributing to the editing and/or writing of conference coverage programs, including text and Power Point-based activities
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective decision making, initiative and judgment; strong analytical and problem-solving skills; and a resourceful, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to manage multiple projects that may be complex (eg, online interactive cases) and in developing CME-specific content components (eg, developing and analyzing questions for outcomes assessments)
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Ability to function independently with effective time management, organization, and project management skills; attention to detail; ability to manage diverse tasks to deliver projects on time, within budget, and at a high level of quality
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams both within the company and externally (eg, faculty, freelancers, and educational partners)
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and familiarity with online medical reference resources
- 2-3 years’ experience as a medical writer/editor or equivalent, responsible for developing educational materials intended for professional medical audiences. Experience in therapeutic area is an advantage but is not required.
- BA/BS degree (Biological Sciences, English, or Communications preferred). Advanced degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, MS) preferred.
- Working knowledge of recent advances in clinical medicine and therapeutics
- Experience identifying and working with faculty members/key opinion leaders on educational materials intended for professional medical audiences
- Experience in developing CME/CE-certified programs preferred
- Working knowledge of AMA style requirements
- Up to 20% of the time
- Mostly Domestic. International on occasion.
Clinical Education Alliance and its subsidiaries provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other non-merit factor.